Located on the banks of the Brahmaputra river, Pandu College is one of premier degree colleges in the North-East region. It was established in 1962 but the Adhoc committee came into existence in November 2002. At present, the college offers BA, B.Sc, B.Com and BCA at UG level and MA and M.Sc at PG level. Admission to UG courses is based on merit in 10+2. While for PG courses, students need to qualify the Guwahati University Entrance Test and then appear in the Counselling.Pandu College is affiliated to Gauhati University and all the degrees of the above-mentioned courses are awarded by the same.
|Top Courses||Eligibility||Course Fees|
|BA||10+2 from a recognized institute||33,720 INR|
|MA||Bachelor’s degree with 45% marks||22,480 INR|
Pandu College Guwahati Admission Highlights 2020
Candidates can refer to the table containing information about the college and its admission.
|Name of the Institution||Pandu College Assam|
|Courses offered||BA, B,Sc, B.Com, BCA, MA and M.Sc|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-Based & Entrance-Based|
|Application Time period||March-July|
|Names of Entrance Exam||Gauhati University Entrance Test|
Pandu College Guwahati Undergraduate Admission 2020: BA, B.Sc, B.Com, And BCA
Go through the table displaying information about the courses offered at UG level.
|Name of the Programs||BA, B.Sc, B.Com and BCA|
|Type of Programs||Full-time|
|Duration of the Programs||3 Years|
|Specializations||BA - 12, B.Sc - 9, B.Com - 3|
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 in relevant subject|
|Intake||BA - 400, B.Sc - 220, B.Com - 125, BCA - 20|
|Selection Criteria||Merit in Qualifying Exam|
Students who want to pursue any of the UG courses at Pandu College, Guwahati have an option to choose from the following specializations:
To be eligible for the UG courses at Pandu College, a student needs to pass their 10+2 examination in a relevant discipline from a recognized board.
The admission to the college is purely based on merit. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the total marks obtained by the student in the best three subjects of the qualifying exam (10+2).
Pandu College Guwahati Postgraduate Admission 2020
The table encapsulates details related to the courses offered at PG level,
|Name of the Programs||MA and M.Sc|
|Type of the Programs||Full-time|
|Duration of the Programs||MA - 2 years
M.Sc - 3 years
|Specializations||MA - 2
M.Sc - 3
|Eligibility||Graduation with at least 45%|
|Intake||MA - 55
M.Sc - 35
|Selection Criteria||Performance in Guwahati University Entrance Test and Counselling|
There are 2 specializations in MA course viz Assamese & Education and 3 specializations in M.Sc course namely Zoology, Geography, and Biotechnology.
The minimum eligibility for admission into PG courses at Pandu College is a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with at least 45% marks (40% for reserved categories).
Pandu College, Guwahati PG Selection Criteria
* For securing admission in MA or M.Sc course, students need to appear in the Guwahati University Entrance test.
* Those who obtain a valid score in the test will be called for counseling.
* During the counselling, applicants have to pick Pandu College as their preferred choice and they also need to select the course.
* Seats will be allotted to eligible based on the choices filled and rank obtained in the test.
* After seat allotment, candidates need to report at the campus of Pandu College, Guwahati along with their documents on the specified date for verification.
How To Apply For Pandu College Guwahati?
Students have to follow a sequence of steps in order to apply for Pandu College, Assam which are listed as follows
* Visit the official website of the college.
* Click on the ‘Apply Online’ link.
* Now fill the application form with personal, academic and communication details.
* Post filling, pay the required application fees.
* Lastly, submit the form and take a printout of it for future use.
Students have to produce a list of documents at the time of admission for verification purpose which includes:
* Class 12th Marksheet and Certificate
* Graduation Marksheets and Degree Certificate (For PG courses)
* Caste Certificate, if applicable.
* Scorecard of Guwahati University Entrance Test (For PG Courses)
* Migration Certificate, if any.
* Certificate of proficiency in co-curricular activities, if applicable